Thursday, April 8, 2010

04/05/10

first prep day at the mtc. i have been loving things so far. they have been keeping me busy so i dont have to think so often about how much i miss you and home and everyone. and yes i promise i do miss you loads and i love you more :P. went to the provo temple for a 7 am endowment session. i get to do that every prep day i guess. my companion is from alberta canada. his name is elder thomas johannes thornsteinson. haha. hard name to say let me just tell you. in my district (class) we have 3 sets of elders and two sets of hermanas or sisters. oh and im not capitalizing. i hate this keyboard and only get half an hour to compose all of my emails. the food here is pretty decent, gives you gas though. did you watch conference at all? if not pull it up on my laptop to see some of it. koichi yoagi (spelling) was a good talk. obviously presidents Uchtdorfs talk on patience was my favorite. he always has the best stories. president Monsons closing talk/ remarks made me cry. with his retelling of the 15 year old boy who was on his death bed with his two siblings on missions and his older brother just getting a call yet he still was strong in his faith. president Monsons other story about the missionary who converted his one parent and finally was able to be sealed with them through his hard work and faith, yea that was a tearjerker. come this thursday 8 days in they will already have me bearing my testimony to investigators in spanish. i have memorized the missionary purpose located on page 1 of preach my gospel and almost have the first vision memorized. i can for sure feel God's hand in blessing me with being able to memorize so much so fast. i am very thankful that he has helped me so much and continues to help me so that my days are good. im not good at it yet but i can now pray in spanish and even bless meals in spanish. one of my favorite parts of class is when we sing himno's or spanish hymns. the spirit is so strong, some of us cant pronounciate well still and only a few can even sing in english but it is still so wonderful. first night here i saw sister Snedecor! imagine that. but havent seen her since. haha. i really miss the branch though. how is sister lovejoy and brother voorheis doing? im still praying for them. i really miss my young mens and priesthood. im the only one around here that is from a branch. they dont know what it is and for sure dont understand how much better a branch is, well how much better our branch is. i sat for over 16.5 hours for all the sessions of the conference and the fireside and movie we held afterwards. it was freaking intense. my butt hurt so bad i cant even tell you. i still felt the spirit though and i loved the oppurtunity. and the fireside you would have loved. it was a singing fireside full of hymns. and we got to say our favorites to sing and why there special to us. it was so nice. can the Snedecors send me sister Snedecors new adress as to her leaving today or tommorow for Tempe. the weather has been really crazy here. from rain to fog to snow to sun. we have had it all in a matter of a few days. but today is the start of the summer season so us carlsbad elders are going to rock shortsleeve shirts and no jackets anymore. i am kinda used to wearing my coat now because i had to sitting down through all of those conferences.


(Tenitive leaving May 26 for Carlsbad, and last day as a missionary is April 3, 2012 I think.)

2 comments:

  1. Awesome! Sounds like you're doing well.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Super cool! I can't believe how fast they have you speaking Spanish.

    ReplyDelete